Sunday, September 28, 2014

In my dreams...

You were in my dream last night. 

Smiling that familiar smile.

Looking deeply into my eyes again like before.

Like lives before.

Like hearts before.

You were on the landing below me looking up.

In a soft blue button down, black pants and coat.

Your hair disheveled and greying.

Ignoring the man talking to you to look at me while I ascended the stairs and turned to look back at you.

My friend saw the way you were looking at me and asked who you were.

I told her you were my heart and my one.

She said I was very lucky that she could see the way you love me.

Everything else was a blur.

It was just you, your eyes, your smile, your heart and mine together.

My heart, mind, soul, eyes, and love miss you every day.

© 2014 Kara Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Musician, writer, humorist, lover of language and puzzles, scholar, incessant searcher for knowledge, improv performer.